- The motive of Zakariyyah alayhis salaam shines through the purity of his intention. Allah gives us this so that we can understand this lesson in supplication – that you have to be truly sincere in your motives, your intentions and your sincerity when you supplicate. Zakariyya alayhis salaam said I want an inheritor to spread knowledge of this religion, and he said, that’s why I want an inheritor Ya Allah.
- Sincerity of your intention is judged by not what you would do if conditions were perfect, but what you are doing now. You prove the sincerity of your intentions by doing what you are capable of doing right now.
- You have to be willing to implement. That shows the sincerity of your intentions.
And that is one of the Laws of Allah in dealing with people is that when they are implementing what they can at that moment and then make an even higher intention, Allah does facilitate their intentions for them.
- We all have big intentions but we can all fulfill our intentions to even some small level. If you don’t have months and years to memorise the Qur’an, you can at least start with one line where you are. And make dua to Allah for the fulfillment of your intention and then see if Allah’s help and mercy comes to you for the fulfillment of your intention.
- The Qur’an is not a novel. It is a dicourse that mentions only that which is significant, important, relevant.
- When Qu’an mentions something we should pay attention because the Qur’an never mentions anything unnecessarily.